Friday 9 September 2022

Five days to go...

Now that we have no football this weekend as a show of rspect for the dath of HM The Queen, it gives me more time to fettle Vera for the trip. 

I have wasted too much time in trying to get my Shoei Qwest and the Cardo SHO-1 to work nly to find that the helmet lining has fallen to pieces rendering it useless!

I have managed to sort out the LS2 Metro reafy to wear. I bought it in 2016 and although some of the lining is showing a little wear, its foam hasn't turned to dust like the Shoei! The bluetooth kit is working.  

So back to Vera. I have already (touch wood) sorted the charging problem with the TomTom using the dashboard power socket. Making a cigarette lighter style plug was totally useless as it wobbled about in the socket and lost connection.  The TomTom then went crazy!

So I have bodged up what I hope will work. Photo to follow here!

The tyre pressures need checking and I will have to get the electric pump and gauge out of the MoHo and use that.  The PR5's are 40psi in the rear and 32/33 psi in the front.  

And of course, check the oil. Vera was serviced when I bought her 13 months ago and in that time I have only covered about 4500 miles. This trip will be about 2500 maximum and so still within the service period.  It's out of warranty so a few extra miles between services won't be too much of a bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment