Tuesday 13 September 2022

Vera packed and ready to roll ..

Fitted the new tank-bag as well. Plenty of room in there for those essentials to save me dipping into the panniers and top box.  It is also expandable and I may need to do that on the way back!

Once loaded I checked the TomTom clearance and fitted the security strap in case the Givi bag decided to fly off.  



The view from the saddle isn't too bad and the new bag doesn't obscure the TomTom at all. I had to make a few changes so that nothing clashes with the steering especially when using full lock to manoeuvre.

The speedometer is digital on the right side of the clocks and so isn't obscured. I can change that to kilometres when I land in France.

One thing I have packed in the tank-bag is a towel!  I have learned from experience over decades that waterproof gloves with a variety of linings, from Goretex to other copy versions, don't like wet hands going into them! So a small towel to dry them is essential.

According to the miles to empty display I have 123 miles before a fuel stop. I was going to do it on the way to Eurotunnel, and still might if the local garage is open, but it appears that French Unleaded 95 is about 30p a litre cheaper than locally in this part of Kent. We are royally ripped off down here!

With the weather hardly looking to have improved since I last looked on the BBC Weather app it looks as though we will be in waterproofs for the first couple of days.  First overnight stop is near Tours on the Loire.

Luckily it looks as though it improves to mid-20's in Spain and seems to be something similar for the ride back up the A20/N20 route towards Cahors and Orleans. 

Our last night in France on the way back is in Chartres.

So an early start tomorrow to make sure that we are on the train we have booked. It will be a miracle if that actually happens as my experience with Eurotunnel over twenty plus years isn't favourable! Whether in the car or MoHO or indeed, on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment